Six Ways To Make A Difference
- Donate money to the charity of your choice. They could all use some extra money. Whether it is a small donation or a large one, they will appreciate it just the same. Every dollar counts.
- Volunteer your time. There are soup kitchens, food banks, hospitals and nursing homes to name a few.
- Send a care package to a soldier. You can send practical things like razors or sunglasses, small bags of nuts, socks,paperback books, etc. For a good place to find out what is needed and how to send it you can check out this web site at Care Packages. It is called Operation Shoebox.
- Go to your local library and volunteer to teach someone to read. What a gift, just think how wonderful it is to be able to read. You would be surprised to learn how many adults can not read.
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter. You could offer to walk the dogs, clean out cages or any number of tasks that they need help with.
- Any of you crocheters or knitters out there could make hats and scarves in different sizes and colors for homeless people. There are plenty of shelters that would be very happy to get these things.
There are many more things that I could mention, but this is a good starting place. Donate today, it makes a difference.